Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pyschoanalyze This...

So I once was a teacher...teachers teach reading:  therefore teachers should LOVE to read.  Well, as a kid yes, as an adult, sporadic...why?  Can't figure that out...attention span has to be one part of the equation.

So I own a book business, access to books is plentiful, reading is free, so one would think...and I do take home a lot of books, just don't ever seem to finish them...for example, here is what resides on my nightstand and exactly where the bookmark is...

Friday Night Lights (I love football, so I should love this book):  Read the Prologue

How To Tell Your Friends From Apes (looked funny, short quips):  Read back cover

The Devil in the White City (heard from many it was good, historical and about Chicago = perfect): Bookmark in page 100, but don't really remember reading that much of this one, hmmm..

The Shack (heavy, man, heavy...stopped reading at time of diagnosis):  Page 245, but I am reading the large print version...one can read more pages that way :)

Cancer Journey (on one, thanks):  Page 80, but won't be finishing, their family's journey ends on a happy note

The Glass Castle:  No bookmark, must not have started it.

Little Altars Everywhere (Loved the Ya Ya Sisterhood...so thought I'd love this):  Page 10

The Memory Keeper's Daughter:  Page 8

Splendid Solution, Jonas Salk and the Conquest of Polio (I'm a geek, love a good biography):  Page 112

Tender at the Bone:  Not yet started, but heard it was humorous

James Van Allen, The First Eight Billion Miles (OK a big geek):  Bookmark fell out, eek!  Very small print and I know I made it to at least page 100.

Friday Night Knitting Club (resides in car, chapter 3...but hey, just started that one 3 days ago)

Dragon Tattoo Set...Gave it to a friend to read since I have a lot of other choices...

There you have it...perhaps I have an attention span issue...Look out for falling stacks of books, maybe if it hits me it'll knock me back into a good reading habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment