Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

A very productive Sunday spent with many...lunch with the family to celebrate both my mom's and my sister's birthdays! Yardwork with George Strait, Van Halen, the Talking Heads and AC/DC...those guys can really help get it done! And a 2 mile run with The Who, Green River Ordinance, Tom Petty and U2...nothing like some good music to make your legs work! :)

Things that I learned this weekend: Beware of squirrels! Yesterday, Finley George, our dog was once again stalked by the squirrel that lives under our deck, Irene. Irene normally climbs up and stays on the post all the while squawking...But things took a nasty turn when Irene actually came up onto the deck and took jab at Finley...Finley and I then retreated to the lower patio porch swing, where Irene hung out above us (literally) and watched for no less than 20 minutes while I was on the phone...then, so you know I don't use the word "stalk" lightly...I took Finley walking on the bike trail at the bottom of our yard...guess who decided to come along...that's right, Irene. She climbed a huge walnut tree and squawked at us some more. Beware of live-in squirrels!

Have a great week everyone...hi ho, hi ho, it is off to school and work we go! :)

1 comment:

  1. Betsy, I think your problem with the squirrel may be that you've become to friendly. I mean once you get on a first name basis the squirrel obviously is going to start jumping to conclusions. Next time keep your distance. :-)

    I still would take the squirrel over the fat ol' ground hog that has been resting on our deck. Evan said the other day that the ground hog was wrapped up in my potted Ficus plant. The other day I was downstairs and I swear that ground hog saw me through the window. Spooky. I admire his persistance though since it would take quite a bit of energy to get a fat body with little legs up onto our deck...

    And no, the ground hog does not have a name.

    ReplyDelete