Monday, August 30, 2010

Casual Conversations

I love chatting with the younger men in my life...just sayin'

After school conversation #1:

While traveling to the music store to obtain a trumpet for 5th grade band...Zach casually says, "Oh yeah, Mom, you're supposed to check me for lice."

I am, am I? Nice...I've been itching all night.

After school conversation #2:

So we are off to football practice...my nephew says, "Aunt Betsy, guess what? I bought a new skateboard...but I couldn't afford wheels." I reply, so your skateboard has NO wheels? Nephew says, "Yep, it is de-wheeled. I couldn't afford wheels."

Wow, who knew wheels were extra, kind of figured those were included.

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing, dont give up it is a good outlet - as is running unless you end up with a nurse from hospice asking if you are looking for the emergency room.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete