Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Thought Fridays Were Supposed to be Laid Back

Well, this unexpected entrepreneur did not enjoy last Friday...Accounting, Schmaccounting...I just want to know who chooses to do this for a living...? Though I know I need to get my head in gear, I think something is broken with the gearshift. My head knows lesson plans, teaching, managing children, grading papers...it doesn't always do so well with credits, debits, sales receipts and undeposited funds...BUT I'm confident we will get there! I secretly think my accountant doesn't care for accounting as much as he does it for a living...you should see the man light up when you inquire about his upcoming hunting trips...elk in New Mexico, bears in Canada, deer here.

Then to top off the accounting appointment...my manager put me in training...as he is soon leaving for a fishing trip (notice a pattern here with the boys) I need to be on top of every single thing that goes on every single day...and admittedly, I haven't. After a mere 10 pages of notes, I think possibly I can pull off the daily shipping report, the inventory scan out and the Amazon "Charge When Ship" report...I think. After methodically taking me through every step, Joe (my manager) questions how many pages of notes I have taken..."10" I answer...he then showed me the single small sheet of paper he proudly took notes on a year ago when Keith trained him...needless to say, my two-word reply to Joe was not very nice...

1 comment:

  1. Betsy,

    When in my second year of college I excitedly told my mother that I had figured out what I wanted to major in -- Education, she asked, "but I always thought you'd go into accounting?" What, is she crazy???

    About the only thing worse then accounting and tax issues in my book is understanding insurance stuff. Yuck and no thanks.

    I knew there was a reason you and I bonded so quickly. :-)

    ReplyDelete