Friday, October 8, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

From the journals of the Unexpected Entrepreneur

One of my favorite things...calling the credit card company:

Conversation 1
Setting:  Two weeks ago, home office

Betsy:  I need to take care of two issues with your company, one is a name change and one is a question.

CC Company:  Let's do the name change first.

Betsy:  We need to change the contact name to mine, my husband has passed away and I am now the contact person.

CC Company:  Oh ma'am, now that you have disclosed that information, I have to immediately close your accounts.

Betsy:  No, there must be another way, these are business accounts, the cards are in the business name.
CC Company:  They are tied directly to your husband...let me transfer you.

END OF STORY...cards were cancelled after more and longer conversations ensued.


Conversation 2
Setting:  Two weeks later

Betsy:  I'd like to activate my card AND fix the spelling, you spelled my name wrong.

CC Company:  No problem...DONE, new card will be sent out and you are activated.


Conversation 3
Setting:  Two days later, Mini-van office (nothing like multi-tasking)

Betsy:  My card is no longer working after just one day.

CC Company (1st operator):  We suspected fraud, would you like to activate your card now?

Betsy:  I activated the card two days ago, used it yesterday...do you have on record that you are sending me a new card, spelled correctly?

CC Company:  Let me transfer you...

Betsy:  I am just trying to get this all cleared up...

CC Company (2nd operator):  Let me lift the security hold on your card, I'll ask you questions...

Betsy:  Great, let's get going...and by the way, I'm wondering if you have it down that a new card is being sent to me...

CC Company:  I'm lifting the restrictions on your card, would you like to activate it now? 

Betsy:  IT'S ACTIVATED!
 
CC Company:  Let me transfer you...

Betsy:  I think I just am down to taking care of getting a new card that is spelled correctly.

CC Company (3rd operator):  Sure, let me help you, I show that we have a new card coming your way.   Would you like to activate your card while you are on the line?


*OK, at this point I let her have it, poor gal...the conversation ended with this:

CC Company:  I have been happy to help, I hope that you feel you have received excellent customer service!

Betsy:  No comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment