Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mom Moments

Scary Mom Moment:  I have decided I'm not cut out to be a "football practice Mom"...it is too scary to watch the hitting drills...it doesn't bother me during the games, but geez...practice made me cringe...hit after hit after hit.  YIKES!

Proud Mom Moment:  Emily ran in her first varsity race today, she has worked so hard and it paid off...so proud!

Embarrassing Mom Moment:  Didn't quite get the car cleaned out after tailgating this weekend.  Emily invited a new friend to ride home with us after practice the other day.  When they climbed into the backseat, there was an empty beer bottle in a koozie in the cup holder...Emily was sure to point out how inappropriate that was...BUT like a good friend said...it could have been worse, it could have been cold, half-full and in the driver's cup holder...it is all perspective!

Funny Mom Moment (but the Mom was my sister...too good not to share)...My sister asked me the other day if I'd ever received a call from the school lunch lady..."No," I replied.  Well, she got one...the school lunch lady wondered if my sister knew that her son was out of lunch money?  She did not.  She told the lunch lady that her son, my nephew, hadn't said anything about that...the lunch lady wanted to make sure that my sister knew that her son had had to eat cheese sandwiches for days...Katy replied, "Well, maybe he likes your cheese sandwiches."  The phone call abruptly ended.  We would both like to think that the line was disconnected, but perhaps the lunch lady thought differently.  In any case, my nephew now has lunch money and the cheese sandwich run, I believe, has ended.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny. Mia ate the peanut butter sandwiches and apple slice brown bag lunch at Blackhawk for a week before we found out she had no balance left on her account.

    ReplyDelete