Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Good, the Bad and The Ugly of Kinnick Stadium

Many of you know I often choose the theme..."The Good, the Bad and The Ugly"...I even have this movie theme song on my ipod... (right, Rick?)

The Good of Kinnick: Nothing like attending a Hawkeye Football game on a warm, beautiful Saturday with good friends and family...getting the win, cheering with the crowd, enjoying great tailgating, etc. Beating ISU and the like!

The Bad of Kinnick: Have you ever been there at 7:30 am the next morning for stadium clean up? Oh my! High school and junior high athletes in the IC School District are supposed to show up for clean up, then Iowa pays the booster clubs, it is pretty simple and a good way to raise funds. And pretty amazing to see the teamwork and camradery...Zach and I felt compelled to help...well, I felt compelled, Zach not so much, but he is a good trash bag holder. So since I am no longer a Stadium Clean Up Virgin...I have a few requests for those who sit in Sections 104-105...first of all, if you are going to buy the $3.50 bottle of water...drink it! Second, please do not pour your Coke into the popcorn buckets...yuck! And third, clearly a lot of you bring your friend Captain Morgan to the game...how about taking him home with you when you go?

The Ugly of Kinnick: Things you never should hear at Kinnick: On Saturday, during the game, I had the distinct pleasure of overhearing this in the restroom at Kinnick while witnessing a gal...not a young under-age one either... "showering" in the sink with the help of her friend (she needed to, there was vomit everywhere)...her friend says, "Should I go get you some papertowels?" The reply, "No, I don't need any, but you should take some up to the people where we were sitting."

Need I say more...Back to the Good of Kinnick: Thank you folks in Section 133 for keeping it under control...I love my section!

No comments:

Post a Comment