Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Thank You

Jimmy Fallon often does a bit with thank you letters on his show...stealing his idea:

Dear City of Coralville,

I want to thank you for putting my yard back the way you found it after correcting the water issue along our bike trail...if I remember right, I did have weeds lining both sides of the trail AND I did have the most godforsaken grass growing horizontally in every direction, but up! AND I did have matted-down hay that had to be raked out every so often so other grass could grow. I also appreciate the tire tracks from the large equipment that ran through here...yep, those were there too! Thank you City of Coralville because I believed you when you said, "Your yard will be put back just the way we found it!"

Now...the upside of lawn repair...it is great therapy. Nothing like getting the frustrations out on your lawn...raking, pulling weeds and seeding...helping the ol' broken heart to mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment