Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Revenge...it can be a little fun!

Some of you might remember this back story...

December of 2008...Keith was out of town and Betsy was holding down the fort at the warehouse. A semi-truck was due with a delivery of 3 full pallets of books from Estes Trucking. Luckily, Keith's nephew had decided to come and help for the day, he had a day off.

About 10:00 a.m. the very large Estes semi pulls up, next to the curb at the bottom of the driveway, and a quite plump, little round driver, who we will call Freddy (not his original name as some will recall), hops out with the paperwork. Betsy questions him, "How will you back up to the warehouse to get the pallets up the driveway?"

Freddy laughs (actually he cackles) and says, "Well you ordered lift-gate service, but not an in-house delivery...so I'm dropping these pallets right here." That would be in the slushy street, at the bottom of the slushy driveway.

Betsy clarifies, "In the middle of the street? Right here?"

Freddy quips, "Yes Ma'am"

So that is what Freddy did, he dropped 3 pallets (260 boxes) of books right in the middle of the street...thank God for our nephew who helped wheel 8 boxes at a time into the warehouse.

Now I've since seen Freddy, driving around in his big Estes truck since Iowa City and Coralville are "his route." I still give him dirty looks. But today it was perfect...and Freddy had no idea that he was getting a "payback."


September 2010...Time for revenge...I spotted Freddy driving down the Coralville Strip in his big Estes Semi Truck today...hmmm...I'd like to get him back..so I did. I casually moved my car in front of Freddy's big truck and drove 15 mph right down the whole 2 mile strip...Take that Freddy...and though I'm sure Freddy was not aware of who I was, it felt good to get a little "revenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment